Local Search Statistics

by Jason on October 18, 2011

Ever wonder how many people actually go to page 2 of Google?  How many Facebook users are within 50 miles of Raleigh?  What percentage of people buy online?

Well, here are some local search statistics that make are pretty amazing …

  • 94.75% of Searchers Never get past Page 1 Results (Chitika)
  • 65.3% of Searchers use Google, which leaves only 34.7% for all other search engines (comScore)
  • 860,220 Facebook Users are Within 50 Miles of Raleigh, NC (Facebook Ads)
  • 50 Million Google Places Pages are Created, although only 4 Million are Claimed (Google, April 2010)
  • 97% of Consumers use Online Media When Researching Products or Services in their Local Area (Kelsey Group)
  • 73% of All Searches have a Local Element (Google)
  • Consumers are 69% More Likely to use a Company if they can Find their Information Online (comScore)
  • Social Media users are 47% more likely to be HEAVY spenders on clothing, shoes, and accessories (Nielsen)

What does it all mean?  Well, that getting ranked in the major search engines (especially google) is vital to thriving online.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Blogplay

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: